Plaster room in the Orthopaedic Clinic

Request a copy of this image

Item Description

  • Doctors and a nurse prepare a cast on a patient’s arm in the plaster room of the Orthopaedic Clinic. (Left to right) Dr. Warner Wells (A.B., Duke, 1934 and M.D., Duke, 1938; house staff and associate in Surgery from 1938 to 1945), Dr. Laszlo Ormandy (house staff and fellow 1940 to 1942), Dr. Chester Waters (house staff 1939 to 1942), Lucy Lopp (R.N., Duke, 1938). The Orthopaedic Division of the Surgery Department began in 1930 with the opening of Duke Hospital. Dr. Warner Wells was a member of the Atomic Bomb Casualty Commission, and translated and edited “Hiroshima Diary, the Journal of a Japanese Physician.”
Date created
  • cln00018
Resource type
Holding entity
Archival collection
  • Photograph & Negative Collection
In Collection:

QR Code