Speakers at dedication of the School of Medicine

Request a copy of this image

Item Description

Description
  • Duke University faculty and guests from other institutions gather at the Davison building, entrance to the School of Medicine on the occasion of the dedication of the Duke University School of Medicine and Duke Hospital on April 31, 1931. Speakers are dressed in caps and gowns. Left to right: William H. Welch of Johns Hopkins University; David Linn Edsall of Harvard University; Lewis H. Weed of Johns Hopkins University; Elbert L. Russell, dean of Duke Divinity School; William Preston Few, president of Duke University; Thurman Delna Kitchin, Wake Forest University.
Date created
Subject
Identifier
  • per00057
Resource type
Holding entity
Archival collection
  • Photograph & Negative Collection

Parent Collection

In Collection:

QR Code