Construction of the Duke University School of Medicine and other buildings

Request a copy of this image

Item Description

  • The School of Medicine and other Duke University West Campus buildings under construction. The original entrance to the School of Medicine is now known as the Davison building (named for the School of Medicine's first dean Wilburt Cornell Davison). Hospital construction began on September 1, 1927 and was completed on July 1, 1930. Duke Hospital opened for patients on July 21, 1930.
Date created
  • bld00033
Resource type
Holding entity
Archival collection
  • Photograph & Negative Collection
In Collection:

QR Code