Lyman, Meyer, and Davison

Request a copy of this image

Item Description

Description
  • (Left to right) Richard S. Lyman, Adolf Meyer, and Wilburt Cornell Davison. Lyman was professor of neuropsychiatry from 1940 to 1951. Duke Hospital’s Meyer Ward for psychiatric patients was named for Meyer. Davison was the first dean of the School of Medicine and professor of pediatrics. Through the gift of Highland Hospital on April 18, 1939 by the late R.S. Carroll and the appropriation of $175,000 on January 19, 1940 by the Rockefeller Foundation, the Department of Neuropsychiatry was established on September 1, 1940 by Richard S. Lyman.
Date created
Subject
Identifier
  • per00103
Resource type
Holding entity
Archival collection
  • Photograph & Negative Collection
Em Collection:

QR Code