Historical Images Documenting Duke Health

These images document the history of Duke Health's academic, clinical, and research activities beginning in 1927. All materials included in this collection are available at the Duke University Medical Center Archives. In honor of Duke Health's 75th Anniversary, The Josiah Charles Trent Memorial Foundation, Inc. supported "The Foundations of Excellence," a digitization project that identified over 600 representative historic photographs from our first 3 decades.

Sub-coleções (2)

Obras (992)

Ordene a lista de itens    
Ver resultados como:
List of items in this collection
  Title
 

Morris Building and PRT

undated
The Morris Building houses the Duke Oncology Treatment Center. The Morris Building is named for Edwin A. Morris, a donor who supported the creation...
 

Officers of the 65th General Hospital at Ft. Bragg, N.C.

1942
Officers in uniform. The idea for a Duke hospital army unit was born in October 1940, the brainchild of Wilburt C. Davison, then dean of the Duke...
 

School of Nursing class of 1975

1975
1975 School of Nursing class in front of Duke Chapel. 1st row: M. Bacon, J. Ridgley, T. Braseth, M. Alderman, K. Lawrence, T. Marelli, B. Brennan,...
 

C.P.S. worker Kirkpatrick in the blood chemistry laboratory

1944
Truman Kirkpatrick, a former industrial chemist, at work in the blood chemistry laboratory of Duke Hospital. On October 27, 1942, Civilian Public...
 

School of Nursing capping ceremony

1945
School of Nursing students and faculty pose for a group photograph after the capping ceremony. Students receive their nursing caps during a capping...
 

School of Medicine seniors on a trip to Squibb

undated
School of Medicine seniors, class of 1962, on a trip to Squibb Drug Company in New York
 

Dr. James H. Semans, Mary Duke Biddle Trent Semans, and Minister Amintore Fanfani

undated
Dr. James H. Semans, Mary Duke Biddle Trent Semans, and Minister Amintore Fanfani.
 

School of Nursing award winners

1972
Three School of Nursing award recipients outside of recognition service event.
 

Nursing students playing a board game

undated
Students playing a board game. The first class was admitted on January 2, 1931 and graduated on June 7, 1933.
 

Richard F. Kay

undated
Dr. Kay has been the chair of the Dept. of Biological Anthropology and Anatomy since 1988.