R. Wayne Rundles graduated from Duke University (M.D., 1940). He was an associate professor of medicine at Duke University from 1945 until the mid-1980s and served as director of the hematology and chemotherapy service at the Duke University...
Students, faculty, or interns study in the reading room of the School of Medicine Library (later known as the Medical Center Library). One student is using the card catalog.
Judith Farrar, librarian; Mary Duke Biddle Trent, chair of the Library Committee; and Mildred T. Farrar, assistant librarian working in the Duke Hospital Library.
Originally serving Duke Hospital and School of Medicine, the library began to build its book collection in 1927, well before students began classes and the Duke Hospital opened for service in 1930.
Originally serving Duke Hospital and School of Medicine, the library began to build its book collection in 1927, well before students began classes and the Duke Hospital opened for service in 1930.
The Seeley G. Mudd Building is located at the heart of the Medical Center campus. The building was constructed between 1973 and 1975. It opened in November 1975 and was dedicated May 8, 1976. The Medical Center Library occupies much of the building.