Duke Hospital Auxiliary volunteers with coffee cart

Click Image for a larger version
Item ID: pcs_duke005_01
Date: circa 1955
Description: Duke Hospital Auxiliary volunteers with coffee cart. The Duke Hospital Women's Auxiliary (later known as the Duke Hospital Auxiliary), the first auxiliary at Duke, was established in 1933 on the suggestion of Dean Wilburt C. Davison.  The purpose of the auxiliary was to serve as a good public relations medium to the community and volunteer services to better the hospital environment. Through endeavors such as their coffee cart, the auxiliary also raised funds for the hospital, which were used to purchase medical supplies, support research, and improve patient care.      
Format:
Location: Medical Center Archives
Collection: Photograph & Negative Collection