Davison Building and Duke Hospital

Click Image for a larger version
Item ID: bld00031
Date: circa 1930
Description: Rear view of the Davison building (right), originally the main entrance to the School of Medicine, and the rear of Duke Hospital (left). Hospital construction began on September 1, 1927 and was completed on July 1, 1930. Duke Hospital opened for patients on July 21, 1930.
Location: Medical Center Archives
Collection: Photograph & Negative Collection